Friday 22 January 2016

OTS: Final Script Version 1

Quick Information

After the first edit of our Noir film, we decided to get Max's brother Sam to narrate, this was becuase although we had Greg acting as our Everyman we needed an older person with a more narrative voice. Sam read the original script I created and improvised some lines to make it more dramatic, or changed the tone to suit the mood.

SCRIPT

(OPENING TITLE SEQUENCE)

(Everyman smoking in his office while tpying confeesion on typewriter)

"I did a lot of inexcusable things, but I lost a lot during that time. I lost my girlfriend, my job, I was in desperate need of money. It was at this low point in my life I started to work for an old friend. He came to me looking for someone he could trust, someone reliable. Who could do what needed to be done"

(CUTS TO STREET LAMP, EVERYMAN AND DEALER WALK IN FROM EACH SIDE)

"It was simple. They gave me the money. I gave them the drugs"

(CUTS TO LOW SHOT OF EVERYMAN CONTINUING CONFESSION)

"I had been dealing for a while now slowly rising in the ranks. Gaining more and more respect from the boss, for my hard work. It seemed like things were on the up...till she came along"

(CUT TO FLASHBACK OF EVERYMAN'S FIRST MEETING WITH FEMME FATALE)
(five seconds of flashback)

(CUTS BACK TO EVERYMAN IN HIS OFFICE DRINKING ALCOHOL)

"When she left she always gave me that look to say I was nothing, but, it lingered. Maybe thinking oneday I could be something more. It was after a few pickups that we started to talk. Started to get closer. In such a small amnount of time you'd learn how much a woman with truely hate her husband. Say what you want about the Boss but he lived up to his feirce reputation, he didn't seemed phased about the barrel of the gun being pointer directly into his face. You could never tell, but if he did fear death, his fears were about to become a reality"

(CUTS TO FLASHBACK ON EVERYMAN SHOOING A GUN)


FINAL NOTES/DECISIONS
We decided not to use this version, this was because the text was all in block and was unclear fir anyone needing to read it. Also the directions were very basic and unclear, where as version 2 was a lot more detailed and laid out
This comment was added after I created the second Version (25/02/2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment