Wednesday 13 January 2016

OTS: Rough Script


Rough Script: In the actual script for the narration the Everyman will mention a prop from the opening title scene when the camera is panning across the room. When the Everyman mentions, for example, a gun it will focus on the prop and then the flashback will occur using that gun which could be shooting 'The Boss'
It was at this low point that an old acquaintance came to me and pushed me down the road I didn't need in my life.
It was one of my early jobs, it was a simple swap of money, for drugs. After dark in the back alleys is safe enough for anyone, the police don't tend to bother with these parts of the city after dark.
By this time I had been working and dealing for a while, slowly rising in the ranks of respect from 'The Boss'. To be honest it would have been fine, except for her. We met many a time and after a month of our secret meetings she decided to pitch her master scheme to me
When the time came around i realised I had never been to The Boss' house before this and what a warm welcome it would be to kill him within it. He seemed almost as on edge as me, unfortunately i didn't know he had plans with her as well. Except she didn't know either...
upon returning I entered the room, in the dark all i can make out from the beat of light escaping from the door frame was a crumpled body, I walked slowly towards praying the scenarios in my head were false.
Actual Script: After Greg had finished the mood board I was then able to write the narration and incorporate the props used in the opening titles scene.

Rough Script
OPENING TITLE SCENE
(Everyman sitting in office)
It's no excuse, but I lost a lot during that time. 
I lost my girlfriend, my job...
I was in desperate need of money.

(Cuts to briefcase with money inside on corner of street, light shining on money)
(Greg | Everyman Narration)
It was at this low point that I started to work for an old friend. 
(They swap briefcases)
It was simple. They gave me the money, I gave them the drugs.

(Cuts to close up shot of whiskey surrounded by smoke in his office)
(Greg | Everyman Narration)
I had been dealing for a while now, slowly rising in the ranks, gaining more and more respect from The Boss' for my hard work. If she hadn't come along...
(Femme Fatale walks in from behind camera and leans on desk)
As she left, she gave me 'that' look and walked out of my door seemingly mean less to me

(Cuts to office at different times)
(Greg | Everyman Narration)
It was after a few pickups that we started to talk, and started to get closer...
(Cuts to sleazy hotel room with Femme Fatale and Everyman embracing)
In such a small amount of time I learnt how much a woman can hate her husband.

(Cuts to over shoulder view of Everyman shooting 'The Boss')
At least he was a man who lived up to his fierce reputation. He didn't seem phased about a gun being pointed directly at him.
(Cuts to a camera positioned behind 'The Boss' and boss falls down)
But if he did fear death, his fears had become a reality..

(Cuts to Everyman outside door/meeting place)
It was almost like a dream, everything seemed to have fitted perfectly to what we had planned.
(Everyman opens door and cuts to front view of Everyman in door frame)
If only I had been expecting this...

2 comments:

  1. agreed deadline met - thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. add an intro section CLEARLY stating that YOU have taken the lead on this role - link it to audience AND the Narrative Types we looked at in class

    Love the script and it is correctly structured but you need to earn the marks for R&P by explaining context and what you have done/learned

    ReplyDelete