Thursday 25 February 2016

OTS: Final Script Version 2

Quick Information

After the first edit of our Noir film, we decided to get Max's brother Sam to narrate, this was becuase although we had Greg acting as our Everyman we needed an older person with a more narrative voice. Sam read the original script I created and improvised some lines to make it more dramatic, or changed the tone to suit the mood.

SCRIPT
(Open with Pan across radio, with added static, across and up to pictures of ex-girlfriend)
(Cut pan across desk, all the props laid out on the desk, while Greg used the typewriter)
(Cut to Greg placing cigarette in ash tray, Hard Sell appears, then fades and Greg picks up cigarette)

 (Greg picks up cigarette and starts to smoke)

"I did a lot of inexcusable things"

(Cuts to side view of Greg blowing out smoke)

"But I lost a lot during that time"

(Cut to Greg looking, and then putting down the cigarette to rub face)

"I lost my girlfriend, my job, I was in desperate need of money"

(Cut to Greg still rubbing face, to then continue writing on the typewriter)

 "It was at this low point in my life I started to work for an old friend. He came to me looking for someone he could trust"

(Cut to over the shoulder view of Greg typing)

 "Someone reliable. Who could do what needed to be done"

(CUTS TO FLASHBACK OR DRUG DEAL UNDER STREET LIGHT)
(ELEVEN SECOND FLASHBACK)

"It was simple. They gave me the money. I gave them the drugs"

(Cuts to low angle of Greg continuing confession on the typewriter)

"I had been dealing for a while now slowly rising in the ranks. Gaining more and more respect from the boss, for my hard work"

(Cuts to Greg picking up whiskey and having a sip)

 It seemed like things were on the up...till she came along"


(CUT TO FLASHBACK OF EVERYMAN'S FIRST MEETING WITH FEMME FATALE)
(FIVE SECOND FLASHBACK) 

(Cuts back to Greg continuing to drink whiskey)

"When she left she always gave me that look to say I was nothing, but, it lingered"

(Cuts to low angle of Greg still typing)

"When she left she always gave me that look to say I was nothing, but, it lingered. Maybe thinking oneday I could be something more. It was after a few pickups that we started to talk. Started to get closer"

(Cuts to over shoulder view of grep typing)

"In such a small amount of time you'd learn how much a woman with truly hate her husband"

(Cuts to mid side shot of Greg typing)

"Say what you want about the Boss but he lived up to his fierce reputation. He didn't seemed phased about the barrel of the gun being pointer directly into his face"

(Cuts to low side angle of Greg picking up the gun)

(Cuts backs to a mid side angle of Greg holding, and observing the gun)

"You could never tell, but if he did fear death, his fears were about to become a reality"

(CUTS TO FLASHBACK OF ARM SHOOTING A GUN, THEN A FADE TO BLACK)

Finish

2 comments: